[Building Sakai] Assignment2 d Turnitin integration

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Wed Nov 10 06:36:32 PST 2010

On 11/09/2010 11:36 AM, Ramachandran,Narasi wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a question about the upgraded integration piece for Turnitin
> that is being planned for Assignment 2
>
> Will this be for the current Turnitin (originality checker alone) or
> will  this integration target Turntin2 (combination of Originality
> checker, Grademark and Peer review)

Hi Narasi,

The integration is just for plagiarism checking.  The difference in the
upgrades integration is that it has more fine grained user provisioning
(so the same user account can log in to www.turnitin.com with the same
account that is used for their Sakai installation), and a larger set of
options for the assignment to mimic most of the ones available through
the turnitin interface, such as which repositories to submit the
assignment too, which sources to check against, whether to allow the
student to see the reports (and when), and such.

Cheers,
Steve