[Building Sakai] Dropping new kernel into 2.6.0

Grossman,John E john.grossman at mdanderson.org
Sat May 29 14:43:11 PDT 2010

Kernel 1.x folks:

Is all the required kernel 1.0.13 material isolated to components/sakai-kernel-component?
I'd like to upgrade a 2.6.0 sakai instance to kernel 1.0.13 by simply deleting the old sakai-kernel-component directory and dropping in the new one from 2.6.2 then restarting Sakai.

The reason I'm asking is that we have a stable 2.6.0 environment and it would be safer and easier to drop in the new sakai-kernel-component directory rather than doing a full build/deploy of Sakai 2.6.0 into a clean Tomcat.

Thanks,

John