[Building Sakai] Script for checking database and staring sakai

Am Khan akhan at acoe.org
Wed May 26 11:44:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have noticed that if we need to restart our Sakai Server, on start Sakai is looking for JDBC connection before the Database is ready for taking connection.  Is there already a script some where that can check to see the database is up before starting tomcat?  We have tried with dependencies so that Tomcat service is depended on MySQl service; however, it didn't work.

I am running Sakai and MySql on the same NT box.

Thanks and regards
AK