[Building Sakai] 2.8 potential scope

Michael Feldstein michael.feldstein at Oracle.com
Tue May 25 06:42:01 PDT 2010

Good point. I would suggest a couple of things in this regard. First, let's look at that deprecation list and maybe be a little more aggressive than we would be with a more ample available resource pool. Second, let's have a conversation between QA, the PC, and any other relevant parties so that we can adjust the criteria for acceptance into core, e.g., maybe we raise the bar a bit on QA test plan quality and number of support resources available for a nominated tool, etc.

- m

--
Oracle
Michael Feldstein | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +1 8188172925 | Mobile: +1 9179218895
Oracle Academic Enterprise Solutions
25 Christian Hill Road | Great Barrington, MA 01230

Green Oracle	 Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment

-----Original Message-----
From: David Horwitz [mailto:david.horwitz at uct.ac.za]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:40 AM
To: sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] 2.8 potential scope

This is a not a comment on the merits of any of the functionality mentioned, but can we please actually consider what we have the capacity to support, qa, and release? We seem to always run away with what we would like to see in the release without pausing to consider that the release is already larger and more complex than we can deal with ...