[Building Sakai] Sakai Installation Screencasts

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Fri May 21 06:33:48 PDT 2010

I've taken over some of the sakaiproject.org web site maintenance and
as such have been charged with responding to email sent through the
site's contact form.
A common plea on these emails includes technical help on installation
of Sakai. Although I direct the new users to the lists and the
excellent community documentation, I still find that they are missing
a step (or 2 or 3 or 100) in the complex process.

It would a great resource to have a screencast that walks the new user
through the installation process on Windows and Linux (at least) to
accompany the text docs.
Most of these people are not yet developing for Sakai, so I hesitate
to send them to the developer pages, where some very good screencasts
live (thanks, Zack).

Does anyone have the bandwidth to walk through the setup (as written
in the docs) a couple of times on a fresh machine and point out the
gotchas?
This might be best done right after the 2.7 release, but I'm just
trying to get a sense for the interest.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104