[Building Sakai] Is it safe to drop XML column in CONTENT_* tables?

Lydia Li lydial at stanford.edu
Wed May 19 14:32:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

      Stanford is finally upgrading to Sakai 2.6 from Sakai 2.4 this
summer and we are planning on running the content conversion utility to
move contents from XML serialization to binary-entity serialization.
Since all XML columns will be null after the conversion, is it safe to
drop the XML column from the following 2 tables?

      content_collection.XML
      content_resource.XML

      For schools running 2.5 or later,  did you run this conversion
utility?  and if so, did you drop these XML columns after the
conversion?  We'd really appreciate your feedback.

thanks,
Lydia