[Building Sakai] request for review: KNL-498, get last event time for a user

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon May 17 18:30:42 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I would like your feedback on two new methods I propose to add to the EventTrackingService in order to retrieve the last event time for a user/set of users. This is an addition that will be used by the Profile2 connections entity provider. Used in conjunction with KNL-497 (see if a user has an active session, already committed) you will be able to see if your connections are online and if they are active/idle (ie no event in the last x minutes = idle).

This entity provider will also be used by the floating chat widget we are prototyping.

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-498

A patch is attached to the JIRA ticket for your perusal, and the methods are below:

/**
* Get last event time for the given user
*
* @param userId	userId to check
* @return time of event as Long, null if no event.
*/
Long getLastEventTimeForUser(String userId);

/**
* Get last event time for the given list of users
*
* @param userIds	List of userId's to check
* @return map of userId and time of last event. If no event, there will be no entry in the map for that user.
*/
Map<String, Long> getLastEventTimeForUsers(List<String> userIds);

thanks,