[Building Sakai] Forums (MsgCntr)

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Mon May 17 04:25:21 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a simple question with a not so simple answer:

Looks like Message Center (Forums) is not registering Sakai permissions (not
visible on Realms tool) and so, it gives the more powerful set of
permissions to the role set as site maintainer (is this assumption correct)?

We want to add Message Center (Forums) to some sites where we want to give
the more powerful permissions (like, creating/managing forums and topics) to
a role that *is not the one set as site maintainer*. The problem is that I
can't find a way to accomplish this and don't even know if this is
possible...

Any clue?

If this isn't possible, I'm the opinion that Message Center tools should
register and use a set of permissions like the remaining tools to allow for
greater flexibility.

Thanks,
Nuno

--
Nuno Fernandes  .  { Analyst/Programmer }

|| web  . { http://www.ufp.pt  |  http://tinyurl.com/nfgrilo  |  follow_me @
nfgrilo }
|| work . { Universidade Fernando Pessoa  |  Praça 9 de Abril, 349  |
 4249-004 Porto }