[Building Sakai] Highest tested version of Oracle and 32-bit vs 64-bit OS and db?

Johns, Cheryl cheryl.johns at yale.edu
Thu May 13 07:10:09 PDT 2010

Hi all,

We're looking into upgrading our Oracle database servers and have been asked what is the highest level of Oracle that is currently tested with Sakai.  We're currently running Oracle 10g and our DBAs are looking to upgrade to 11.2, the 64-bit version.

Are there any issues with running the 64-bit version of Oracle?

What is the highest version in production that we know of?

Are there any issues with running the 64-bit version of RHEL5 for the dB server for Sakai?

Many thanks!

Cheryl Johns
Applications Support Manager, Instructional Solutions
http://cmi2.yale.edu
The Center for Media and Instructional Innovation
135 College Street, Suite 101
New Haven, CT  06510
Office: 1.203.436.4626