[Building Sakai] problem with BLOB table in Sakai DB

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Tue May 11 07:55:37 PDT 2010

Yes. The content bodies are copied to files in the filesystem, and once the conversion is complete, Content Hosting starts using those files instead of the content bodies in the database.  Once you are confident that the conversion succeeded, you should do two things:

1) remove the convertToFile property from sakai.properties for your next restart.

2) null out the database table containing the binaries.

Jim