[Building Sakai] simultaneously login

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 10 08:11:04 PDT 2010

On 10 May 2010 08:53, Ciellie Jansen van Vuuren
<ciellie.jansenvanvuuren at nwu.ac.za> wrote:

> We ran into a problem with sakai2.6 when 250 students login simultaneously the
> cpu load on our db box went sky high. Is there something we can do to better
> this? What are your experience on this?

The first time a user logs in their MyWorkspace is created, so if
these are new users that could be the reason for a spike in load. Also
if you have course management integration when a login takes place the
site memberships for a users courses are refreshed which again can be
an expensive operation.

Could you describe the problem a little more and your setup.
Did the load return to normal after the logins had completed?
Were may other users on the system at the same time?
What were they doing after logging in?

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services