[Building Sakai] xsl-portal and portlets

csev csev at umich.edu
Wed May 5 18:07:28 PDT 2010

John,

I don't personally remember ever making JSR-168 portlets work in the XSLT portal.  I vaguely remember a conversation with John Ellis a while back (maybe even 2.5) that it was not a big deal because there were no included portlets.  But now with LTI as a portlet it may be more of an issue.

One thing I did (it may have been to make XSL portal for for John E.) was make it so JSR-168 portlets worked when accessed via a tool URL:

http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8085/portal/tool/068462c1-24d5-4322-b768-a26cb87267fb

Where the ID is the placement ID.  It was not perfect - but it did make things function.   Here is the JIRA:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-14262

Again - this is a bit vague for me.  Hope this helps.

/Chuck