[Building Sakai] One instance of Tomcat, 2 Sakai servers.

Patrick Coleman patcoleman at me.com
Mon May 3 07:28:05 PDT 2010

I have two instances of Tomcat running with one Sakai server running under
each on different ports. Everything works fine.
I would like to have just one instance of Tomcat and two Sakai servers
running under it. (Is this a good idea?).
I've found many tutorials on the net on how to do this but I can't get it to
work with Sakai. When ever I try and start it up Tomcat runs but I get this
error in Sakai. (This is just with one of the Sakai's having a different
CATALINA_BASE)

Has anyone got Sakai running like this. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks.

Pat.

2010-05-03 10:15:35,003 ERROR main
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/dav] -
Exception starting filter sakai.request
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter
.
.
.
2010-05-03 10:15:35,004 ERROR main org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
- Error filterStart
2010-05-03 10:15:35,004 ERROR main org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
- Context [/dav] startup failed due to previous errors
2010-05-03 10:15:35,103  WARN main org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig -
A docBase /usr/local/SakaiServers/SakaiCHS/webapps/podcasts inside the host
appBase has been specified, and will be ignored
2010-05-03 10:15:35,138 ERROR main
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/podcasts] -
Error configuring application listener of class
org.sakaiproject.util.ContextLoaderListener