[Building Sakai] How to identify Sakai Nakamura and Sakai 3 data feeds?

Subash Chaturanga subashsdm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:16:43 PDT 2010

Hi, I hope this is not a stupid question to ask from the sakai community

These days I am working on the design (to write the proposal )of Sakai Mash
up environment for this SoC.

 In Sakai there are large number of feeds in Sakai Nakamura and Sakai 3
already which can be used for Sakai Mashup.

In the documentation i saw this:

public Set<String> getAdditionalInstitutionalFeeds(Site site, User user);

It also says that we can use a feed provider by a given set of changes in
components.xml .

Is the above method is a way of getting an InstitutionalFeed ?

Can anybody *give me some reference to read* and understand

*what exactly Sakai Nakamura and Sakai 3 data feeds give at the out put?*
*how to access them (sakai.properties**)?*
*How many of them are avaliable* ?*
in what format* *they exist (JSON,RSS,...) ?
*
[My purpose is to get a list of all those feeds and categorize them]

*Because I searched a lot and couldn't get a clear idea for above questions.
*
I really hope that this is not a stupid question.

Thanks in advance
Subash

--
sk