[Building Sakai] content-review is broken in 2.7?

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Mon Mar 29 11:28:59 PDT 2010

We use the turnitin content-review module. In 2.7, something has been done to ContentReviewDao that I can't make sense of.

   <!-- This wraps our DAO so that the transactions are managed -->^M
                <bean id="org.sakaiproject.contentreview.dao.ContentReviewDao"
                        class="org.sakaiproject.genericdao.springutil.CurrentClassLoaderTxProxyFactoryBean">
                <property name="transactionManager"
                        ref="org.sakaiproject.springframework.orm.hibernate.GlobalTransactionManager" />
                <property name="target"
                        ref="org.sakaiproject.contentreview.dao.impl.ContentReviewDaoTarget" />

The problem is that the code wants to do

       <bean
                id="org.sakaiproject.contentreview.service.ContentReviewService"
                class="org.sakaiproject.contentreview.impl.turnitin.TurnitinReviewServiceImpl"
                init-method="init">^M
                <property name="dao"
                        ref="org.sakaiproject.contentreview.dao.ContentReviewDao" />^M
                <property name="toolManager"
                        ref="org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolManager" />^M

But that can't work, because org.sakaiproject.contentreview.dao.ContentReviewDao is now an interceptor, not the actual ContentReviewDao, and so

  public void setDao(ContentReviewDao dao) {
                super.setDao(dao);
                this.dao = dao;
 }

no longer works. I have been unable to this particular method of wrapping in documentation, so I can't tell how it was intended to work,, and it doesn't appear that any other part of Sakai uses org.sakaiproject.genericdao.springutil.CurrentClassLoaderTxProxyFactoryBean. Could whoever invented this monster please tell me how it's supposed to be used?