[Building Sakai] 2.7 Install

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Mar 24 22:48:01 PDT 2010

Hi Warwick,

I"m sure your notes might be of use to future installers. I'd suggest posting them in Confluence somewhere or otherwise just mail them to the list for future Googling.

Also if you want to go to mysql 5.1 sometime, we're running that in production with good results so far.

Cheers
Stephen

>>> Warwick Chapman <warwickchapman at gmail.com> 3/25/2010 1:20 AM >>>
Hi All

On 24/03/2010, at 8:44 AM, Warwick Chapman wrote:

> Now for MySQL...

Yeeha!  It works :)

It only took me 13 days! (Though much of that was wasted on fighting Xen and
Hetzner)

Java 6 (from Debian package)
Tomcat 5.5.28, Maven 2.1.2 (from Apache package)
Sakai 2.7.x latest

MySQL 5.0.51 (from Debian package)
MySQL J Connector 5.1.12 (from MySQL package)

I have made install notes right from installing the host OS, through
configuring the VMs, right up to starting Tomcat and testing the
application.  Are these of any use?

Thanks Stephen, Steve, Anth, David, Aaron, Earle and any others who helped
get us this far!  Much more to come :)

-- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 | http://warwickchapman.com

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.