[Building Sakai] Forums, Blog Wow and Wiki uselessly slow

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Mar 24 22:44:09 PDT 2010

Hi Gerwood,

That sounds odd. Forums has some slowdown with large numbers of posts in a topic, but we've never seen any speed issues at all with blogwow or wiki.

I would look at database performance firstly (perhaps missing indexes?) and secondly at your JVM memory options (available memory, GC times, etc.).

Regards
Stephen

>>> Gerwood Stewart <gstewar8 at une.edu.au> 3/25/2010 6:01 AM >>>
We are having a lot of issues with the speed (and thus usability) of the Forums, Blog Wow and Wiki tools.

It's bad enough that I don't believe most institutions using Sakai would be seeing similar results.

Does anyone know of what issues we might be encountering?

We are running on RHE boxes with an Oracle 10g backend.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gerwood Stewart

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.