[Building Sakai] [Management] Deprecation summary page

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 15:08:53 PDT 2010

The actual Profile classic tool can be removed (ie the webapp).  As Aaron pointed out, Roster depends on the Profile classic API, so at the moment, that needs to stay.

Profile2 provides an implementation of the ProfileManager that gets it's data from Profile2, so the Roster can use this instead. This is currently in place and can be switched around via an entry in sakai.properties:

# Set this to tell the ProfileManager to get it's data from Profile2.
# If left unset, any tools that use the ProfileManager from the original profile tool (ie Roster)
# will continue to use the data from org.sakaiproject.api.app.profile.LegacyProfileManager.
# So you must set this to enable the integrations.
# If you are using a version of Sakai prior to 2.7, you need to apply the patch attached to
# http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17573 in order for this property to have any effect
profile.manager.integration.bean=org.sakaiproject.profile2.legacy.ProfileManager
However, the Roster is still looking at the Profile/ProfileImpl models from the Profile classic API for it's information. Some work needs to be done with the Roster to abstract this part out to somewhere else.

For now, we should be able to remove the profile classic tool and leave the API.

cheers,
Steve