[Building Sakai] Fwd: help: How to know used technologies in a tool

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed Mar 24 09:43:48 PDT 2010

It is not used in all tools but it is used in many. A large number of
the older core tools are built using the SQLService which is a Sakai
specific database abstraction (ORM lite). If you want to use hibernate
in a new tool then this is supported directly by the kernel but it is
not required. You can use JDBC or anything that can use JDBC (like
Spring JDBC) instead.

-AZ