[Building Sakai] MT deprecation recommendationsfor 2.7

csev csev at umich.edu
Mon Mar 22 07:26:51 PDT 2010

I am changing my vote to +1 for deprecation for the following reasons:

(1) I really like the fact that the MT is actively taking initiative in terms of making improvements to 2.x

(2) It seems as though the leadership in the MT really wants this

(3) It seems as though the leadership of the MT claims that they are blocked from doing work unless this is done (I do find these claims a bit weak)

And the main reason that I am changing to +1 is this - If the MT feels strongly one way and the rest of the community is in disagreement - we should go the way the MT wants to go.  And if the rest of us don't like that "tie breaking rule" - hey we can all join the MT (assuming we have five hours per week to commit).

Since I don't have 5 hours per week to commit to the MT at this point - I am going to give my support my colleagues on the MT and thank them for taking the time to consider my input in their decision.

/Chuck