[Building Sakai] MT deprecation recommendationsfor 2.7

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Mon Mar 22 05:45:25 PDT 2010

I agree with Aaron's last para (deprecate, never remove, remove use from core code), and hope we can bring this thread to a conclusion soon.

Cheers
Stephen

>>> Aaron Zeckoski <azeckoski at unicon.net> 3/22/2010 2:20 PM >>>
I feel like it is worth mentioning here that in the Sakai 3 kernel you
will only be able to access services via OSGi mechanisms which are
similar to spring but use either xml or annotations (currently
anyway). There will be no spring/spring xml, component manager, or
static covers so while it may be ok to leave this stuff in Sakai 2 it
is not going to help anyone get used to the way things are going to
work in the future.

I am still on the side of leaving the covers in as a convenience to
developers who have used them, deprecating them and removing their use
from core code.

-AZ

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.