[Building Sakai] Who is using the Search Tool?

Tom Hall thall at brocku.ca
Fri Mar 19 06:48:32 PDT 2010

Good morning

We are using the search tool (optionally on a course by course by course
basis).  We have a cluster of 4 (sometimes 5 servers) with one of thise
acting as a search server along with providing mormal client access.  When
we started we we having each server provide its own search service but had
problems with corrultipn of the shared file related to the search service.
We also got a significant performance increase on the search service once
we moved the files from shared space (via NFS) to the local drive on the
server running the search service.

Tom