[Building Sakai] trouble building on widows vista x86 with latest jdk and maven 2.0

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 15:28:07 PDT 2010

On 18 March 2010 21:47, ganesh <th3iedkid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> As and when i run the mvn -Pcafe clean install in the <sakai_src> directory
> i receive the following error
> ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
>

> Project ID: org.sakaiproject.content:sakai-content-tool
> POM Location:
> E:\sakai\sakai-builds\opt\trunk\content\content-tool\tool\pom.xml
> Validation Messages:
>
>     [0]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for
> org.sakaiproject.content:content-bundles:jar

The content-bundles version should be pulled from the content pom.xml
file in it's dependencyManagement section (content/pom.xml) I know
some old versions of maven had issues with dependencyManagement
sections, do you know what version of maven you are using (mvn
--version)? Is your version of the checkout up to date (svn info)?

I have just fixed the issue of content-bundles not being in the cafe profile.

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18223

but they error you are getting doesn't indicate this was the problem,
although it might be worth just doing a svn update and attempting to
build again to see if this fixes it.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services