[Building Sakai] Which OS for 2.7 Install? ( was Re: 2.7 Install)

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 23:27:52 PDT 2010

Sorry, typo.

I use 2.2.1, and there are no problems building Sakai with it. And there are no reasons not to use it. You can stick with an older version if it works for you, but it also works fine with 2.2.1.

But you certainly don't need to install a new operating system just to upgrade Maven. Grab the updated package, unpack it somewhere and point your PATH environment variable to it. And since Sakai 2.7 and up requires at least Maven 2.0.10, thats what you'll need to do. You could edit the master/pom.xml and change the value, but it's up to you.

Steve.