[Building Sakai] 2.7 Install

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 16:17:17 PDT 2010

You will need  -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false if you are running Tomcat 5.5.28.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/systemprops.html

Some JSP tools don't implement escaping quotes properly, and if using 5.5.28 you'll run into problems. Even though Sakai has only been QA'd on 5.5.27, I run 5.5.28 and it's fine (with this prop).

cheers,
Steve