[Building Sakai] how to integrate Sakai and GWT?

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 17 09:31:23 PDT 2010

GWT is released under the Apache License, v. 2.0 which is compatible with Sakai. http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/GgCyAQ

Where we hit a snag in the past is with Ext GWT, a set of very popular extensions for GWT based on EXTjs. The latest versions of Ext GWT is available with both commercial and open source licenses (GNU General Public License (GPL) v3). I do not know if this license if compatible with Sakai ECL license. The GPL v3 is not listed on our Sakai license compatibility page (linked to above).

Good luck,
Eli (not a lawyer or a licensing expert) Cochran