[Building Sakai] Cambridge Autojoin tool

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Mar 15 05:23:09 PDT 2010

Hi, Raad. Thanks for your answer.

A few days ago I received a kind mail of your partner Daniel Parry
specifying the steps, that are these:

1) log in as admin
2) In worksite setup, identify the site you want people to autojoin.
3) Under manage access, make that site joinable.
4) Grab the site id for the site, the long string that looks
   something like: e66a4839-41c8-4354-8e26-82ea88e8c573
5) In aliases add a new alias:
   where Alias is the join name you want to give
   where target is /portal/site/%siteid%
   (%siteid% is the site id above)
For example, you might have:

   Alias: maths
   Target: /portal/site/e66a4839-41c8-4354-8e26-82ea88e8c573

6) Log out and e.g. go to:

   http://sakaiURL/join/maths

7) You should find you are refirected through the log in
   procedures and eventually end up as a member of the site and
   taken to the site home page.

Previously, I had taken a look on the source code and I could add a
previous step by myself:

0,5) The tool has a functionality that I think that will only work for
Cambridge's servers, that are these lines:

/*
* CTL-1044 Changing this to getServerUrl since everything
* is mounted in the ROOT tomcat webapp now. - SWG 2008-07-09
*/
String portalUrl = serverConfigurationService.getServerUrl();
if ( !"/portal".equals(portalUrl) ) {
   target = portalUrl+"/site.html?siteid="+siteId;
}

Commenting the last three lines before deploying the tool works nicely
for us.

Thanks and best regards.

--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Cuando se dice que el dinero no da la felicidad se habla, evidentemente,
del de los demás