[Building Sakai] [Deploying Sakai] MT deprecationrecommendations for 2.7 (fwd)

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Sat Mar 13 04:48:39 PST 2010

Hi,

I agree with Johns points, with the boundary condition that for a synchronised well QA'ed deployment of 2.8 I would expect feature decisions (promotion, demotion, UX, import/export, Web services etc) to be made and enacted before 2.8 goes to beta. We should learn the lessons from the 2.7 cycle and tweak the process. I like very much that that I know the exact day for the deployment of the next beta tag and what conditions are necessary to move to Release Candidate. The more certain we are about what happens when in the cycle the easier it is to plan resources and holidays.

Alan

Alan Berg
Interim QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services
University of Amsterdam