[Building Sakai] CDDL & Sakai

Michael Feldstein michael.feldstein at oracle.com
Fri Mar 12 13:48:20 PST 2010

Do you aspire to have the code included in Sakai core? If not, then I don't think the licensing will matter. My understanding (and I hope somebody will correct me if I'm wrong) is that CDDL is fairly similar to LGPL. There could be some legitimate arguments about under what conditions such code should be included in core, but it certainly would be fair game for anything in contrib.

- m

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Michael Feldstein | Principal Product Manager| 818-817-2925
Oracle Higher Education Product Development
25 Christian Hill Road | Great Barrington, MA 01230

  _____