[Building Sakai] Usage of LDAP attributes for Signon and Course/Site Management

Ishtiaq Ahmad organic.ishtiaq at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 23:48:54 PST 2010

Hi All,

I am using Sakai 2.5.4 as a LMS and Active Directory for authentication.

I need to achieve the following behavior, Let me know how can I achieve
this.?

Following is the format of active directory Person.

cn (commonName) = *abc.efg*
sn (sirName) = *efg*
displayName =* abc efg*
employeeNumber = *12345*
uid = *abc.efg*

I would like to use *uid* for login name, and for further processing i want
that sakai use *employeeNumber* for site search and any other operation in
the SAKAI.

For Example
When I log In to sakai, I would like to use *uid* for authentication (*This
is is clear to me how to do this configuration*) and after authentication
Sakai use *employeeNumber* for course sites search of the logged In person.
let suppose site with ID *1* has member as instructor with employeeNumber *
12345*. If any user *abc.efg* logged in then sakai display site with
employeeNumber *12345* in his member sites.

How can I change *jldapbean.xml* file configurations to achieve the above
mapping behavior.

--
Regards,
Ishtiaq Ahmad