[Building Sakai] cleaning up the Sakai web services

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 06:49:23 PST 2010

Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> The ContentHosting webservices were on my radar to QA and lobby for promotion. There are a couple of other Content Hosting ones that have been written but are scattered around the place, so this would be one that would be enhanced.
Cleaning it up and promoting it would be a good thing, IMO.  With these
WS's enabled, Sakai effectively becomes a repository of content that can
be accessed remotely.  There was one other CHS web service attempt, but
I folded that code into mine, so all should be good.
> Do the contrib applications look for the Content Hosting in the main part of the web services, ie alongside SakaiScript et al? If so, there would be no change.

Yes, it is along side of SakaiScript - compatible and not overlapping.

- Mark