[Building Sakai] How to Send an Http Parameter to a tool

Artur k Vieira arturkvieira at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 04:48:56 PST 2010

Hello Steve, thanks for replying.
I tryed the following, but i still get null when I use
request.getParameter() in my page.

This is my java class that construct the url to redirect to sakai:

StringBuilder url = new StringBuilder();
						url.append(SERVER_URL);
						url.append("/portal/site/");
						url.append(workSite);
						url.append("/page/");
						url.append(pageId);
							url.append("?toolstate-");
							url.append(placementId);
							url.append("=");
							try{
								    url.append(URLEncoder.encode("position=17","UTF-8"));

							url.append("^&sakai.session=");
							url.append(sessionId);

The session ID I get using the web services, and use it to redirect the user
to my tool without having to put the login and password in this phase. I am
sure about my placement id, it's correct, but for some reason it sems that
sakai is ignoring it, and gets only the other elements of my URL.This means
that the user is directed to the page that I want but i cant retrieve the
"position" parameter, that I am passing in a static way.
Do you know if I am constructing the url in the right way? Isnt there
somenthing missing or wrong there?

Thank you very much for your time