[Building Sakai] Deadlock Detected in Melete on Oracle

Mallika mallika at etudes.org
Tue Mar 2 11:23:54 PST 2010

Matt,

Was this occurring when a user was trying to delete multiple modules?
The queries if executed in the sequence shown below shouldn't cause
problems. Meaning if the first delete query completely executes before
the second one, it shouldn't be a problem. I will look into the code to
review this further. It is also sort of strange that the resource id is
1, the resource id needs to be in the format /private/meleteDocs/...
  Would you be able to query your MELETE_RESOURCE table to see what the
resource id format is like?

Thanks,
Mallika

mizematr at notes.udayton.edu wrote:

> About a month ago, our DBA found a deadlock had occurred when
> attempting to delete some melete resources.  The exact error is:
>
> =====
> DEADLOCK DETECTED ( ORA-00060 )
> [Transaction Deadlock]
> The following deadlock is not an ORACLE error. It is a deadlock due to
> user error in the design of an application
> or from issuing incorrect ad-hoc SQL. The following information may
> aid in determining the deadlock:
>
> delete from melete_resource where RESOURCE_ID=:1
> delete from melete_module where MODULE_ID in (6553634 , 6553636 ,
> 6553638 , 6553639 , 6553640);
> =====
>
> He also said this is not the first time he has seen this deadlock and
> asked me to find out if anyone else is seeing these errors.  So, has
> anyone else seen these errors?
> Matt Mize, Systems Administrator
> - Pay no attention to the man in the back office....
> Matt.Mize at notes.udayton.edu
> (937) 229-1024
>
> UDit Department, University of Dayton
> 300 College Park, Dayton, OH, 45469-1302

Mallika M Thoppay
Learning Systems Developer
Etudes Inc
http://etudes.org