[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.6 database space problems (Rutgers)

Yzelle, Sonette SYzelle at unisa.ac.za
Tue Jun 29 00:18:22 PDT 2010

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Good day,

We at Unisa upgraded to Sakai 2.6 on the 17th of June.
We use an Oracle database.  We are experiencing problems with our database, it becomes full very quickly and the myUnisa give DBWrite errors.
I googled and found the following on Rutgers about a bad query:

http://rulink.rutgers.edu/sakai-problems.html
Nov 30, 2009, 3:30 pm - ca 5:00pm. System was slowed because a bad query overloaded the database. We've identified the cause, so it shouldn't happen again.

Can you perhaps remember which query/tool gave you this problem?  We want to see if this might also be causing our problems.

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards & thank you
Sonette