[Building Sakai] 2.6 with Java 1.6

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Jun 28 07:16:28 PDT 2010

Besides needing to run with the JAVA_OPT
"-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true"
for jsps, there seemed to be some issues issue with some synoptic tools,
specifically calendar. We didn't have time to follow up on this a few months
ago because we aren't running some of these tools in production.

We also had catalina class-loader exceptions under 1.6 that didn't appear in
1.5 with rsf in the contrib evaluation tool only under simulated very high
load conditions.

We were planning on following up on these in August with more tests as we
want to push toward running under 1.6.

Steve said he was using it, and QA1-NL was using it [1], so it might just be
the high load issues we're looking at that are usually not
easily reproducible.

[1]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/production/2010-April/000708.html

-Matthew