[Building Sakai] How to get a list of all LDAP users on Sakai?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 18:35:31 PDT 2010

Hi Leon,

Unless you are running trunk, you can't search external users from within Sakai. This capability was added recently:
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-6792
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18288

The SAKAI_USER table only stores internal accounts, however the SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP table stores the relationship between users in Sakai and their login id, including external users. So, you could perform a normal LDAP search or use an app, then cross match that list with those in SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP to see which of all of your LDAP users have logged into Sakai (and thus could be considered to be Sakai users).

cheers,
Steve