[Building Sakai] Hide tool menu

N. Matthijs nicolaas.matthijs at caret.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 25 04:14:14 PDT 2010

As far as I remember, the implementation in MyCamTools works on all browsers.
We do not offer it to users with IE6 however, as we found it hard to make
the icons
clickable in IE6 at the time (so it gracefully degrades at least). It also
stores a cookie to
remember which configuration (collapsed or uncollapsed) the user has last
used.

As John says, this has been working in production for nearly 2 years now.
I think
it should be fairly trivial to port this to general sakai 2.8.

I'm happy to try and implement this in a branch if people think it would
be useful
enough to add to 2.8.

WDYT?

Nicolaas