[Building Sakai] Sakai 3 won't build

Dunstall, Christopher cdunstall at csu.edu.au
Tue Jun 22 23:48:27 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Just getting set up for Sakai 3 development and I'm following [1]. I get an error when I do the first build, after following the preceding instructions to the letter.

The error is:

Downloading: http://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2-snapshots/org/sakaiproject/nakamura/org.sakaiproject.nakamura.google-collections/0.8-0.6-SNAPSHOT/org.sakaiproject.nakamura.google-collections-0.8-0.6-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.sakaiproject.nakamura
ArtifactId: org.sakaiproject.nakamura.google-collections
Version: 0.8-0.6-SNAPSHOT

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.sakaiproject.nakamura -DartifactId=org.sakaiproject.nakamura.google-collections -Dversion=0.8-0.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.sakaiproject.nakamura -DartifactId=org.sakaiproject.nakamura.google-collections -Dversion=0.8-0.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  org.sakaiproject.nakamura:org.sakaiproject.nakamura.google-collections:jar:0.8-0.6-SNAPSHOT

There are no instructions on adding other repositories. Was this missed in the setup doc or is this a legitimate error (and can it be fixed)?

[1] http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/3AK/Sakai+3+UX+Prototype+development

Regards,

Chris Dunstall | Service Support - Applications
Technology Integration/OLE Virtual Team
Division of Information Technology | Charles Sturt University | Bathurst, NSW

Ph: 02 63384818 | Fax: 02 63384181