[Building Sakai] Fwd: New Content Management Portlet now available!

John A. Lewis jlewis at unicon.net
Tue Jun 22 17:22:16 PDT 2010

FYI: There is a simple new content management portlet available in the
Jasig community for use with uPortal. See the announcement below for
more info. Jen Bourey's done some really nice work with this, including
use of Fluid and the CK Editor. I thought this might be of interest in
the Sakai community if looking for a simple way to get some editable
static content into Sakai pages.

One issue that would likely surface is that the portlet uses the
"CONFIG" portlet mode for editing the static content, which is an
optional recommended mode in the portlet spec, but not all portlet
containers support it. Does Sakai's portlet support include "CONFIG" mode?