[Building Sakai] Add Users

Liu, Peter peter.liu at yale.edu
Tue Jun 22 07:44:14 PDT 2010

Hi Longfei,

Sakai is definitely a bit hard for the new starter and you need some time to get familiar with Sakai architecture and configuration process. However, there is big user groups behind it and will help you through such hurdles. We found Sakai is quite flexible and easy to modify to satisfy our own institution's needs. Sakai architecture (java based) allows you easily to create your own tool to integrate into Sakai. There are a lot of Contributing tools out there, which are developed by various institutions.  You may find them very useful for you by making few adjustment to meet your own requirements.

Some other people here might be more qualified than me to give you detailed information about the advantages by using Sakai over others.

Cheers,
Peter Liu