[Building Sakai] Session values disappearing

Yzelle, Sonette SYzelle at unisa.ac.za
Mon Jun 21 01:55:02 PDT 2010

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Good day,

We are experiencing quite often that session bean values are disappearing.  It only happen on Unisa tools and not on standard sakai tools.  It does not always happen, I would say about 5% of the time.  We have had this problem for a few years and could not resolve it yet.  We implemented Sakai 2.6.2 on Thursday 17 June and it seems that the error is occurring more often.

Examples of values disappearing:

*         Session user

*         Values that was entered on a jsp, and was validated as mandatory is just missing when you go to the action class to manipulate the data.

*         Lots of bean not found

We are using Struts so maybe it is struts related.  Have any of you experienced similar problems or have any ideas on how we can resolve this problem?

Regards
Sonette

Sonette Yzelle
Analyst Developer