[Building Sakai] Grouper as a GroupProvider

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 19 09:49:37 PDT 2010

On 18 June 2010 17:48, Zach A. Thomas <zach at aeroplanesoftware.com> wrote:
> My current experiment is just to expose grouper groups within Sakai (as
> you said, with a lightweight ajax UI)

Cool, are you re-using the Grouper AJAX UI or writing your own?
What REST/JSON API is the client UI going to call? The grouper one
(proxied/JSONP) or are you writing your own API?

> and then pursue the possibility
> that Sakai could use Grouper as its backend for every kind of
> memberships.

Cool, this sounds very similar to what we are looking at doing but are
still focusing on Sakai 2, however is seems to make sense to share as
much effort as possible.

How far along are you with this, do you have any code / design?
`Currently I'm tied up with other things but will probably be looking
harder at this in a few months.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services