[Building Sakai] Nakamura Boot Camp.

Ian Boston ieb at tfd.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 16:42:51 PDT 2010

Hi,

For those in Denver, or planning to be her on Monday there is a Nakamura Boot camp, unfortunately its only going to run for 4h from 8 to 12, so there is a mountain to pack in. With that in mind, I have written some pages that you can follow before, during and after the workshop. [1]

Why come, what will you learn ?

This is going to be a workshop for Java developers, we will focus on creating back end services using OSGi in Nakamura but the skills could be used for any OSGi container in any project. We will look at creating a simple Servlet, exploring components in OSGi, reloading bundles at runtime and much more.

This session will follow on neatly into the afternoon session where you will learn how to develop a UI widget using HTML/JQuery and Css.

What do I need ?
A reasonably modern Laptop with 1G of memory (to run Eclipse).

Anything to do before hand?
You might want to look at [1], as I expect to go thought things quite rapidly, however other members of the Nakamura team will be doing presentations on aspects of OSGi and Nakamura throughout the conference.
If you don't have time to download the pre-reqs, don't worry, there will be some USB sticks flying about.

Hope to see you there
Ian

BTW, if any of the Nakamura team are on hand, could they please come along to help people out with problems.

1. http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/Nakamura+Boot+Camp