[Building Sakai] Evaluation System & Entitybroker in 2.7.0-RC01 version

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Wed Jun 9 05:20:29 PDT 2010

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to install the Evaluation System tool in a 2.7.0-RC01 version
of Sakai. Is mandatory for us to make Evaluation System work in 2.7 in
order to migrate to the 2.7 version and I have found several problems.

1) The Evalsys installation instructions
(http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/Installation+Guide)
tell that the Evaluation 1.2.1 need Hierarchy 1.2.4. However, Hierarchy
1.2.5 is available. Is possible to use the last stable branch of
Hierarchy without issues?

2) Installing Evaluation 1.2.1 throws two missing dependencies. One is
EntityBroker, which is not still installed. But the other is more strange:

[0]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for
org.sakaiproject:sakai-entity-api
[1]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for
org.sakaiproject:sakai-scheduler-api

The Scheduler tool is installed in 2.7.0-rc01. Does anybody know why
could be failing?

3) Installing the last stable Entitybroker
(https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/entitybroker/tags/entitybroker-1.3.9/),
replacing in the pom.xml the 2.7.2 version for 2.7-SNAPSHOT, doesn't
work for me.

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.sakaiproject.purepoms
ArtifactId: sakai-basic-tool
Version: 2.7-SNAPSHOT

  org.sakaiproject.purepoms:sakai-basic-tool:pom:2.7-SNAPSHOT

Could somebody tell me which version of Entitybroker should I install in
2.7.0-RC01 and how could I install it?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Para caerles bien a las personas tienes que hacer muchas cosas... para
caerles mal, no tienes que hacer nada. (Homer Simpson)