[Building Sakai] Nakamura Boot Camp

Ian Boston ieb at tfd.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 10:23:39 PDT 2010

Hi,

For my sins I have volunteered to do a Workshop/Bootcamp at the Denver Conference on developing Java code for the Sakai 3 Nakamura back end.

Grand Mesa B
8 am to 12

Since its scheduled to start at a shocking 8am on Monday morning, I am starting to put together a confluence page [1] of steps we will go though on the day. If you have time before Denver, and are intending to come to this Boot Camp, then it will probably make it easier if you have a look at the Document, install the supporting software and run through some of it in advance.

The document is not complete, and I will add to it over the next 6 days.

Also, if you see anything that doesn't read right, or doesn't work, either edit it (let me know if you can't) or let me know.

If you are totally new to Sakai, then you will need to know:

Java J2SE
Java J2EE Servlets
JSON
Standard HTTP methods
Some Java 1.5 and later features.

if you have the following then you are going to be in great shape.

maven 2
OSGi Components

but don't worry, if you don't, you will learn about them

Hope to see you there.

Ian

1 http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/Nakamura+Boot+Camp