[Building Sakai] Question in tool Assignment

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Tue Jun 8 08:17:46 PDT 2010

Hi, le tan vu:

The "eventSubmit_" naming convention is from Turbine [1], the servlet based
framework supports Velocity templates. For more information about how
action events are handled in Turbine, you may find the following link [2]
useful.

HTH,

- Zhen

[1] http://turbine.apache.org

[2]
http://turbine.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.4-M1/howto/action-event-howto.html

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 21:23:08 +0700, le tan vu  wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm learning how to modify Assignment tool.
I found that if there is a button named "eventSubmit_blablabla" in vm file,
and in AssignmentAction.java there is a function named "blablabla", the
button and the function will automatically map together.
 When we click the button, it will call the corresponding function.

I want to ask where the mechanism of this auto-mapping is? Can we change or
define a new mechanism like that?

I'm new in web development and sakai.

Thank you in advanced and
best regards.