[Building Sakai] Latest 2.7.x throw UTF-8 DB Error

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Fri Jun 4 00:32:10 PDT 2010

>From a mysql prompt:

drop database sakai;
create database sakai default character set utf8;

Regards
Stephen

>>> Warwick Chapman <warwickchapman at gmail.com> 6/4/2010 9:25 AM >>>
Hey Steve

I created the DB with:

mysqladmin -p create sakai

The MySQL config in sakai.properties follows:

vendor at org.sakaiproject.db.api.SqlService=mysql
driverClassName at javax.sql.BaseDataSource=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect
url at javax.sql.BaseDataSource
=jdbc:mysql://dbserver:3306/sakai?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8
validationQuery at javax.sql.BaseDataSource=select 1 from DUAL
defaultTransactionIsolationString at javax.sql.BaseDataSource
=TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED

-- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 | http://warwickchapman.com