[Building Sakai] [Management] Gradebook Situation

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Fri Jul 30 08:31:04 PDT 2010

Michael,

Are you really hoping to make a decision about rendering technologies for Sakai 3 on a thread about Gradebook2 in sakai 2 on the dev list??  That seems wrong somehow.

I suspect if you raised a question to some wider audience about server-side rendering technologies for a CMS that is mostly using client-side rendering, the answer would probably gravitate toward something like PHP, Python or Wicket.  Most people would not choose GWT as a primary way to create an arbitrary UI.  For something like gradebook 2, with very specific needs that GWT satisfies, GWT makes a lot of sense.  But it makes little sense to tie the core of Sakai to GWT.  In my opinion.

Jim