[Building Sakai] [Management] Gradebook Situation

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 29 10:22:20 PDT 2010

  On 7/29/2010 1:05 PM, Michael Feldstein wrote:
> I personally think it's very important for us to support one (though preferably only one) server-side UI framework in Sakai 3, and GWT is the obvious candidate.
Why would you nominate GWT for the principle UI framework?  My
experience with it is that it is brittle and hard to debug.  I also note
that Kuali Student went down the GWT path and is now moving to something
else (TBD).  Isn't Sakai moving away from a server side framework
towards RESTful interfaces like JSON?

Sadly, I really don't think we are going to agree on a UI framework.
We've had discussions on this topic for YEARS without resolution.

-1 for GWT.

FWIW,  Mark Norton

=======
http://www.pctools.com/