[Building Sakai] Servlet based presentation layer

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 06:10:42 PDT 2010

You don't need to inherit from any special servlet, just build it as you
normally would.  One question you need to consider is whether this
application needs to show up as a Sakai tool or not.  If so, then you
need to create a tool xml file and setup the Sakai request filter in
your web.xml file.

An example of a servlet that runs with Sakai can be viewed in
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/softchalk/trunk/.  Generally
this handles REST requests, but it does return text in some cases.

- Mark Norton